• A recall of successfully solving novel/intractable operational problems
• In seven organisations and six different industries - oil, drinks, agricultural chemicals, dairy foods, packaging, education
• A management manual entirely based on that onsite work.
• A 100% track record of sustained success
• Invented no theory, makes no assumptions and creates no jargon
• A collation of proven repeatable principles
Particular influences in my life have been an early obsession with the sport of fencing, an initial discipline in chemical engineering, and working for eleven years as a line manager in a multinational oil company. I then spent some thirty seven years helping other line managers in seven organisations solving either novel operational problems at the heart of their businesses, or ones previously experienced as intractable. The sustained business success of that work has emboldened me to capture its essence in this management manual.